The evidence to support the introduction of a Lift Team to reduce the incidence of work-related musculoskeletal disorders (WRMSDs) in healthcare workers is decisive.
“a dedicated group of individuals whose role is to support the clinical staff through the provision of a safe patient handling & movement service across selected clinical areas within the facility”*
Visioning HealthCare’s consulting services includes a comprehensive package that can assist you with setting up a lift team/lift coach program in your organization as:
- Your preferred approach to addressing the hazards associated with lifting, transferring, and repositioning patients in your facility
- An integral part of your SPHM program, focusing on particular high risk client groups such as those found in ICU, or bariatric patients
- Or as a transitional approach using Lift Coaches to support the education of clinical staff during the programs implementation.
Our lift team services include:
- Job descriptions for lift coaches/team members
- Assistance with recruiting lift coaches/team members
- Initial and ongoing training that focuses on the specific challenges within different clinical care areas
- SPHM policies and procedures for the lift coaches/team members and other clinical staff
- Recommendations for equipment needs and placement
- Criteria for calling the lift coach/team member
- An evaluation strategy that will demonstrate a return on investment in direct and indirect costs.
- Ongoing support to the lift team leader/SPHM Facility Coordinator
- SPHM training and competency assessment for clinical staff to support the work of the lift coach/team member.
Visioning HealthCare can also work with you to develop a business case to obtain the funding required for lift team implementation and develop a comprehensive plan that meets the funding and timeline for your organization.
To find out more about the services VHC offers for Lift Team/Lift Coach implementation, email email@example.com or call 941-907-3268.