Written by Heather M. Monaghan
Getting Started/Restarted with Safe Patient Handling & Movement is a practical guide for implementing a safe patient handling and movement (SPHM) program or for identifying why a program may not be yielding its desired results.
Getting Started/Restarted with Safe Patient Handling and movement has been written for those healthcare professionals who find themselves, whatever their level of experience or profession, leading the implementation of a SPHM program in their facility or unit, Nurse Executives who are looking to initiate a SPHM program as part of their goal to improve staff safety and patient outcomes, and SPHM committee members who would like to know more about their role and responsibilities in order to be more effective.
Designed to meet the needs of any patient care environment, this book provides practical tools and advice to help maximize the success and sustainability of any SPHM program.
- Introduction and Background
- Before Getting Started
- Developing a Structure to Support the SPHM Program
- Creating an Action Plan & Evaluation Strategy
- Writing a SPHM Policy & Procedures
- Marketing the SPHM Program
- Conducting a SPHM Risk Assessment of the Units/Facility
- Purchasing & Installing SPHM Equipment
- Training & Educating Staff
- Building a Business Case for SPHM
- Maintaining the Success of the SPHM Program